Friday, April 2, 2010

Dear Kid at the mall Texting,

Dear Kid at the mall Texting,

Whoa, watch out there!!! I know I’m kinda easy to miss—what with me being huge and all. Are you okay? Did I mess up your text message when you ran into me? I hope not. I mean, that’s one hell of an important message. After all, you were writing it while you were walking along. I know that you realize how stupidly dangerous it is to walk along in a crowded, public place with your eyes focused on a tiny electronic screen.

And I know you didn’t just come to the mall to send text messages. That would be like going to the movies just to send text messages…

No, no! It’s MY fault for foolishly turning that corner without making sure anyone was stomping along in UGG Boots with their head down and eyes glued to a cellphone screen. You’re not to be blamed. A teenage is like a doctor who’s “on-call,” you MUST be reachable by MySpace, Facebook, Instant-Messenger…24/7!!! Dear God, I shudder to think about what would happen if you weren’t able to Tweet your “peeps” about how some fat bloke ran into you when you were sprinting towards The Gap.

What’s that? My blood is giving you a bad reception? Here, let me wipe it off for your. There you go, good as new. No, no…don’t worry about me—you’re important! Go! Go to The Gap! Tweet about the snotty cashier, and tell your girlfriend about that club last night. If you don't...then the terrorist have won!

L8TR,

Jason


6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, its like that isn't it, that's why I avoid malls. Texting should probably be illegal for anyone under the age of 18...but wait then no one would text!?@#*

Love,

UR Mom

Dr. Jason said...

Yeah, I agree with that.

I hate texting because it's like anti-technology, or backwards-tech. I liken it to using two tin cans and a string as opposed to a cellphone. What I'm trying to say is: we have better/more efficient ways of communicating people!

Anonymous said...

I remember the day when U stuck your finger in the hole to dial a phone #, I to see it all the time kids texting and don't they know whats going on, around them. I work with it @ # 2 job and I live with. I don't get WHY the youth of today don't what to to talk to each other,LIVE voice!!!! But it is a new day,and they still are in touch/ it is a new day. is it so bad? Maybe the people of old day, thought the same thing why drive a car when U have a horse in the barn??? The youth of today Freak me out. This is true, but it is a new day! I think technology has made them lazy/or has it made them closer, but U know what? Maybe 1 day we will not talk or we become closer ? Yes that is a repeat U get it? we can talk 24/7 now days if we want, we can talk and no one knows WHAT U are saying .scary ? the old days of speaking voice everyone heard U, now it's between the two of them,scary? is that so bad ? I could not in the old days be at work and still talk to my family and no one know it in the old old I could not reach out and touch some one .like today 24/7 :( I'm just saying

Dr. Jason said...

I feel like such a d-bag, I wrote this post...but you know what? My sister is really sick, and instead of calling her I sent her a text message while I was drinking in this bar (we won't say what I was doing there, will we Leah??? LOL).

Anonymous said...

I saw a kid in the hallway at Longview last week texting with both hands and for a second he looked like a squirrel worrying a nut.

Dr. Jason said...

Ha! A squirrel "worrying a nut"! That's hilarious. I never thought about it like that, but you're right they do look like that.

Speaking of which, you know who else is squirrel-like? My wife (bushy tail).